Rio Sidik is big in Bali. You might have seen him performing at…well, just about everywhere, from the ever-popular jazz jams at Ryoshi Bali to the big music festivals. Tomorrow, Friday 17th The Golden Trumpet will be eating girls hearts live at La Dunia, Batu Bolong. But today – today he’s all ours!
1.How many years have you been trumpeting through the Bali hearts?
– I’ve been playing trumpet since I was 8, and been playing in Bali since I was 18, and now I’m 37…you do the math, haha!
2.You are a proper Bali Rockstar. Do groupies throwing their knickers onto the stage when you perform?;)
– I’m not a rockstar, just a musician. I play trumpet and I can sing, I grew up in the musician family, I have toured the world with my music…I am very blessed. I do have fans: they are on my Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, SoundCloud, and www.riosidik.com And yes, many groupies too! Not only in Bali 😉
3. The “bestseller” song that you loath to bits but have to perform to please the crowd?
– YEP, I do have one! “Crazy” by Gnarls Barkley.
4. An all-time favorite super-mega “blockbuster” cover hit?
– Georgia On My Mind
5. Dream on: what is the most unusual track you’d like to cover in the future?
– Maybe something of Coldplay? Haha!
6. “Summertime, and the living is easy” – what you reckon, does this line still apply to life in Bali?
– Well, it depends on which part of Bali you want to stay in. Yes, if it’s in the village area or in the mountains. But in Denpasar or Kuta, even Seminyak…might be a whole different story!